Luxembourg On My Mind, Volume I was published in May 2011. Volume I was the first in a series dedicated to Luxembourgers and their descendants in the United States. Besides exploring reasons for the emigration waves, local customs, etc., information for over 1000 Luxembourgers or descendants in the United states are featured in the some 160 articles published in various publications between 1995 and 2011.
Luxembourg On My Mind, Volume II was published January 2012. Volume II explores Luxembourg’s evolution from the fourteenth century to the nineteenth century, expands on the emigration subject and explores traditional occupations in the Old World and New World.
Part 2 of Volume II, the longest chapter, is dedicated to some 300 Luxembourgers, descendants in the USA and relatives in health care professions: doctors, surgeons, chiropractors, dentists, nurses, druggists, even a few veterinarians and midwives, in all over 2000 individuals are identified. Names range from Ackermann to Zimmerman.
Volume I: Publication: May 11, 2011 – ISBN/EAN13: 1461143616 / 9781461143611 Pages: 212
Where to buy ? / Wou kafen?
On the Web / Um Spaweck:
- estore (click on): www.createspace.com
- France (click on): www.amazon.fr
- Germany (click on): www.amazon.de
- Spain (click on): www.amazon.es
- UK (click on): www.amazon.co.uk
- USA (click on): www.amazon.com
In Luxembourg / zu Lëtzebuerg, visit/bei:
- Librairie ERNSTER, 27, rue du Fossé, L-1536 Luxembourg
Tel.: 22 50 77 316
- Librairie Papeterie LIBO, 11, rue du Fort Bourbon, L-1249 Luxembourg
Tel.: 40 30 30 1